Saturday, March 18, 2017

A Little Zen in WEEK TEN

I can't believe week 10 is over! As most other schools went to SLLC and snow storm Stella came through, most schools had two hour delays and no school, but in Washington County there was no snow, so we had a regular school week.

My gem for the week was engaging my 8th graders into making 3D flowers and labeling the parts of the flower. I thought this would be a great way for them to work in groups and collaborate their creative skills. This worked out well as my 8th graders are the most creative students that I have. They really put thought into their work and wanted to create the most unique flower with all of the parts included.

My opportunity for improvement this week would be checking for understanding in my students.  I have yet to master this skill when teaching students. I try to ask different questions, have multiple tick out the doors, and I check them to see if students really understand what I am trying to teach and get across. I will continue to try and improve this, but I know it will take quite a bit of time.

Looking ahead for next week:
Intro to ag: Stem Parts/Rood Parts
Floral design: Planning a pollinator garden
Greenhouse: Planting for the greenhouse/Soil triangles/
Animal Science: Reproductive systems
Intro/Advanced Construction: Electricity!


No comments:

Post a Comment