Saturday, March 18, 2017

March 16-17 Seminar

On March 16, a Thursday evening we had the opportunity to talk for 3 hours with Caleb Wright and Dr. Elliott about Cultivating Change in agriculture. This can be a touchy subject for some people, but it was great that a small group could feel comfortable enough to discuss some of these issues in the ever-changing global agricultural community. We also talked about how to really include diversity in our agricultural programs. Diversity include your culture, race, religion and even how people identify themselves. It was great to have this small little introduction of having inclusion in the classroom.

The next day, we had the opportunity to go over some bad lessons and some good lessons that we had in the classroom. It was nice to talk about this, although I do wish I could have heard the entire cohort's problems and solutions. Later in the day, we had mock interviews which I really enjoyed.  I am not sure if I want to teach agriculture in a high school setting yet, so it really was a great opportunity for me to experience this. I appreciated the time and questions that they asked me, and that almost real life experience.  It was great to even talk to them after. Some of the interviews helped me decide if I really wanted to stay in the education world or take a step out.

Overall, I had a great weekend, but I did miss my students.  Here's to week 11 and learning and improving more!!

1 comment: