Saturday, October 1, 2016

AEE 412: Model Unit Plan - Introduction to Greenhouse Production

Last week, I created my very first unit plan. I was pretty excited to begin this journey, but extremely nervous when creating this, knowing I may be creating these for the rest of my life. Wow! 


My reviewers were Nate and Matt S. Both of them gave me a great amount of help. I learned that I need to have planned out my unit plans a little bit more. I forgot to include the number of materials I would need, and I also found out I was putting in my Common Core Standards and any other standards in wrong! I was only adding half of what I needed! Thankfully through my peer reviewers, I was corrected and now I can successfully add the materials I need to all my future unit plans and lesson plans. 

One thing that I really enjoyed from this assignment of peer reviewing, was how to format our unit plans. From reviewing two other students unit plans, I actually wish I could have reviewed more. I wanted to see how others would set their unit plans up and organize them. One persons unit plan that I did peer review was a bit scattered. I liked how some people grouped their item together per lesson plan, and I found it really helpful if they wrote that a lesson plan would go on for two or more class periods. This was extremely helpful. 

Another thing that I learned about peer reviewing and working with my cohort is that we made a shared Google Drive so that we could share our lesson plans, unit plans and materials.  This is super helpful to all of us, because if I needed help or some ideas on what to do for a biosecurity and diseases, I could easily look up some of my classmates materials and create my own lesson and objectives from that.  Overall, this was an extremely helpful project for not just our lesson plans, but for us to work together as a cohort. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Evy!

    I pinky promise that over time, creating the unit plan doesn't seem so daunting, especially when you are placed in front of students. It is MUCH easily to think things through when you've got living, breathing students who you get to teach!

    When you student teach, if there is an instructional coach at your school, or something similar, ask them to look it over. They will provide feedback you may never even have though of.

    Cheers!
    JG

    ReplyDelete