Monday, October 17, 2016

Problem Based Learning Lab

After I completed my problem based learning lab, I felt awesome about what I have completed so far this semester, and I felt that I could easily pin-point my next hurdle that I will be jumping over soon. For my teaching session, I taught my animal science class about biohazards. In this lesson, I decided to create a story where my neighbor Annie has a large flock of sheep and they keep dying. With previous materials that my class would have, they would be able to solve what is killing Annie's sheep.

Some of the feedback that I got from my students and Dr. Rice, as well as myself is that I need to seriously work on my transitions. I need to think of better questions to ask my students. I really want them to dig deep and think at a different level. Another thing that I could have improved upon is my transition from my interest approach to back into my classroom learning setting. Dr. Rice did say I did a good job, but I felt that I could have improved it. With more practice, I do plan to get better. Some things that I did well included the problem that I presented my students. It was awesome to see them thinking simply and then more in depth, like where the sheep had traveled, what the sheep looked like, if they had any previous health problems and so on. I know I had done a great job in creating this lesson to be specifically problem based for my students to take control and find the answer. I plan on using this lesson for my biodiversity unit at McGuffey, and I can't wait to improve upon it!

No comments:

Post a Comment