Sunday, October 23, 2016

Weekly Web Wonder #8 Individualized Teaching Techniques

Individualized teaching techniques are ways to teach each student by themselves. There are several teaching techniques to ensure success through this method. Supervised study, experiments, independent study, student notebooks and information or task sheets are all individualized teaching techniques.  One thing I plan to use in my future classroom is the student notebooks’. I plan to use them daily as a warm-up and a ticket out. This way, my students can fully prepare for the day and reflect on what they have learned. It is a good way to build interest and start to plant knowledge inside students’ minds. Other ways to include individualized teaching techniques in my classroom is through experiments. I plan to create experiments and labs in my lesson plans. This way, students will work individually in completing experiments by asking themselves questions, actively thinking and creating solutions to problems that are presented to them.


Image from: http://painterandassociates.com/blog/individualized-education-plans
            Another way I plan to use individualized teaching techniques in my classroom is through supervised study for my students through their SAE projects. This easily relates to the three-circle model, which I also will use with my students by teaching them information, and then having each student create a project for them to work on for hopefully a minimum of 3 years. This allows students and teachers to communicate and work together to identify the objectives and goals that should be accomplished, the students responsibilities with his or her project and then a plan of how to achieve what they have creates for them. This allows students to work by themselves and think at higher levels, which is what I am reaching for. I look forward to using individualized teaching techniques in my classroom because I can adjust it for each individual learner and have each student personally guided through the lesson.

2 comments:

  1. Evy,

    Thank you for sharing. Could you provide one very specific example of content you plan to use individualized teaching techniques with in the Spring?

    DF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan to use individualized teaching techniques with my students during my floriculture labs. Here I can support students with one on one teaching.

    ReplyDelete