Monday, September 5, 2016

Weekly Web Wonder #2: Bloom's Taxonomy, Common Core Standards & Perfecting Lesson Plans, OH MY!!

I have learned so much on just my second week of school!  From revisiting Bloom's taxonomy, which I will be posting the interactive site that was shared with me, and learning more about the 'Common Core Standards' which every one seems to be afraid of and then how to perfect that lesson plan you've created for your classroom.

This week, I have done quite a bit of reading and research, from completing my Moodles on the Pennsylvania Academic Standards and Assessment Anchors, learning about Scaffolding Instruction, and reading up on some Universal Designs for Learning, just to name a few. 

I started with a reading and interactive website, which you can check out at this url..(http://community.wvu.edu/%7Elsmong/Articulate%20Blooms%20Wheel/blooms_wheel.html) For me, reading research paper after research paper and book after book, sometimes the best learning is simplified.  From that interactive website, thanks to those from the West Virginia University, I did some of my own web surfing to find and easy and colorful way to map out Bloom's Taxonomy.  
I am in LOVE with this model.  Although it is not interactive, it really shows the building blocks and steps to being an active learner.

To continue a students growth mindset and help them achieve the most, it is important to add on to Bloom's Taxonomy.  Bloom's Taxonomy is extremely captivating to me because it represents not just how my students learn, but how I learn as well.  Using Bloom's Taxonomy and the Common Core Standards, higher educational goals can be met. I am very much a visual learner, and to be honest, blog posting helps me write information down but does not help me keep it in my brain.  So I will be adding two more images.  The second image I will be including is a circle graph on how Common Core Standards are all inter tied.


(Planning and Professional Development.)


This circle graph of the Common Core Standards, I collected from V.S. Salcedo.  Although it is not the Pennsylvania Standards, I think that all state standards are important and bring different aspects of learning and knowledge to the classroom.



Lastly from my reading and classwork, we use technology a lot!  By a lot, I have not had a class that doesn't use some sort of technology in probably the past 6 years, at least! So as a future educator and current student, I think it is extremely important to know how to use technology in the classroom.  I am guilty of not knowing all the technology in the classroom, but
there is always room for improvement.
So this graph/image I have helps my personally for
using technology while planning lessons.  I officially               (The "Turtle" Graphic)
have planned my second lesson plan for a homework
assignment today! I still don't have my ideas all together
to get them down on paper or a Word document, but I think
this image will help me!


                            References

 15b. Planning and Professional Development. (n.d.). Retrieved September 05, 2016, from http://games4primary.weebly.com/15b-planning-and-professional-development.html 

 Bloom's Taxonomy. (n.d.). Retrieved September 05, 2016, from http://community.wvu.edu/~lsmong/Articulate Blooms Wheel/blooms_wheel.html 

 EasySafe (2016). Technology's Impact on Today's Classroom. Retrieved September 05, 2016, from http://eazysafe.com/blog/fantastic-forum-friday/3843/ 

 Salcedo, V. S. (2016). The "Turtle" Graphic. Retrieved September 05, 2016, from http://ranchoeld.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-turtle-graphic.html



 















(EasySafe, 2016)

3 comments:

  1. I also REALLY like the Blooms interactive page, and mostly the helpful verbs that it gives you to think about learning objectives. This is a definite resource I will continue to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evy, Good job of including citations. That will be beneficial down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Evy! Revisiting Blooms taxonomy was beneficial for me as well. In order for our students to reach the higher levels we must first push them through the levels of knowledge, comprehension, and application.

    ReplyDelete