Wednesday, February 22, 2017

ACES As A Teacher Educator!

On February 18th, I had the privilege to travel with McGuffey FFA Chapter to Harrisburg for ACES. I have been to ACES every year as a FFA member, so this was my first time traveling as a teacher. After our long drive to Harrisburg, we finally arrived. We sent the students on their way to their workshops as the teachers gathered into one of the ballrooms. We sat down and had a presentation about using rats in the classroom. This was extremely helpful when thinking about how to use science  based research on other things besides rats in our classroom. This led to a discussion about how we could use these for our aquaponics system and measure our fish. After that presentation, Miranda and I went down to check on our students and take pictures. It was really neat to see the students and watch them participate. After that, we checked into our hotel rooms, had dinner and the dance. My students definitely had a great time and we then put them to bed around 11. It was awesome to see that they enjoyed it as much as I did when I was in high school. The next day, we had the morning church service and then we had breakfast. After breakfast, we talked about food hunger as a group, and it was cool to see how much our students wanted to help others in need.

Overall, I had a great time at ACES, and I can't wait to go to SLLC!






No comments:

Post a Comment