Thursday, April 13, 2017

Interview With Mr. Ealy - LAC

Mr. Ealy is a chairman of the Local Advisory Committee for the McGuffey FFA Chapter. Due to the fact that I will not be able to attend their meeting because it is in the end of May, I interviewed Mr. Ealy on April 9th.

Interview questions:

Me: How long have you been a chairman of the LAC?
Mr. Ealy: Since it first began.

Me: How did you get involved with the LAC?
Mr. Ealy: Back in the day, I was a member of the McGuffey FFA chapter, and as I have grown up in the community and now even have my own two children that have gone through and have been in the program. I also knew Renee very well when she got her job, and when she asked me to be on her local advisory committee, I jumped right on board.

Me: Why do you help out with the LAC?
Mr. Ealy: I choose to help out with the LAC because the agricultural program at McGuffey has really helped me and my children grow into the people we are today. They have a great program that helps all the students in their own way become a person of society. I know I can help this program and help the future students that walk though this program.

Me: What are your general expectations of an agricultural teacher?
Mr. Ealy: My general expectations for an agricultural educator include teaching the students about the local and global agricultural regions. Another important thing is to include all aspects of agriculture, from forestry to plant science, animal science to ag mechanics. Students need to know all of the career opportunities that the agricultural industry can provide them. Another expectation is that the teacher will teach the students life knowledge from their communication to interview skills.

Me: What goals do you have to help better the LAC and the Agricultural Program?
Mr. Ealy: Well this past year we just got approved for a grant of making improvements to the entire system, so right now I would like to see an increase in the number of students taking agriculture. That way, we can start to help change and affect more lives an a younger age and for the betterment of our program and the students.




No comments:

Post a Comment