Sunday, April 9, 2017

School Administrator Interview

March 2nd was the date that I had an administrator interview with Mr. Magnotta, the Assistant Principle and then Dr. Jacob, the Assistant Superintendent of McGuffey School District. I walked in and sat down in Mr. Magnotta's office with him and Dr. Jacob. I introduced myself, and we had some small talk. They both asked me a few questions and I answered them with confidence. After about 10 minutes, we stopped and just laughed. This was the most awkward thing for all of us. We had a good discussion that was even better afterwords. I could ask them real questions about teaching, and my portfolio. They were honest. At that point in time, I wasn't sure I wanted to teach, and to be honest I probably change my mind 12 times a day. I think it was good and important discussion to talk about when an administrator asks for, and how to seek out bad administration.

I am very confident in my interview abilities. I can bring great things to a company or school, and in my mind, it is my final decision if I want to help and choose the company I work for. The most difficult thing about interviewing for a job is figuring out the culture of a workplace. I have easily learned that most workplaces are not what I want in a career. I want honesty, openness and encouragement. One day, I will find the right job for me, and I will not be wasting my time in the wrong field or business because my time is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment