Thursday, April 13, 2017

Week Fourteen & I'm Done Teaching Teens!

Well, week 14 is my last week student teaching. We only had class on Monday through Wednesday and the rest of the week and he following week is Spring Break for the kids.  It was weird coming into school this week, knowing I won't ever enter the doors here again as a student teacher. I feel like I blinked and these past 14 weeks have flown by. Every minute counts for teaching, so I was sure to use the best instructional time for these last 3 days.

Some of my opportunities for improvement this week included clarity in instruction. I don't want to be harsh, but I suck at directions. I have definitely improved over the course of the semester, but this is quite a struggle for me. For my one intro to agriculture class, I taught the same class 3 different times. It was like the first period was a complete disaster, second period was okay and better, and by period 3 I had it down! So there was daily, weekly and monthly improvements for me. Another thing for me to improve upon is informal assessments. I feel like I have gotten somewhat better at this, but needless to say I can still improve.

Some gems to end this week include have my "Do Now" as engaged class time. My students and I really value the time in the classroom, which is beneficial to all of us. I know that they do want to learn and have fun while doing it. Other gems include my classroom management has gotten a lot better.

As I end this week, it just doesn't feel real. I guess this is just one chapter, and its definitely a good chapter in my book!



1 comment:

  1. Yay for a Great LEARNING experience :) and YAY to new adventures ahead.

    ReplyDelete