Saturday, April 1, 2017

LEAKS on Week 12!

Well, week 12 ended a little shorter than our other weeks. We had a half day on Thursday and no school on Friday, due to a main water line break! School didn't have water, so we couldn't have the students. This week, although it was cut short, I had another great week!

I started out teaching a construction class this week, and it has been awesome!! I have a class full of 13 upper class boys, and this has been my best class so far. I have really set up my expectations that you come into my room, answer the do now, and then we work and after we clean up and before class is over, we complete our exit ticket. I really enjoy this class because I can make it very hands on every day, and these boys really respect me and look up to my knowledge.

Another great thing that happened this week was that my classroom management has greatly improved in my introduction classes. I feel that they have gotten used to me more, and how our classroom runs. My weeks where I am there every day the students are great, while if I need a sub one day, or we have a field trip, getting the group back on board can be somewhat difficult.

One opportunity for improvement that I have, includes reading my students better. Some students I have trouble reading if they understand the content. I have struggled with this since day one, and I can say that it is getting better, just very slowly. More importantly, I struggle with reading students if they are having a good or bad day. I feel that this is important because if students are not feeling the best mentally or physically, they cannot perform the best in my classroom, and I want to strive to keep them in a comfortable learning environment.

Looking into next week!
Intro to ag: Roots of plants!
Animal Science: Presentations and Meat science
Introduction to construction: Electrical unit


2 comments:

  1. Evy,
    have you thought of experimenting with a daily self evaluation? Maybe list the learning objective and have each student evaluate themselves on a scale of 1-5 if that "got it"...

    Might also collect some purposeful student feedback on your teaching!

    df

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad things are going well Evy!
    I agree reading students is difficult, I ask my students somewhat frequently if they are with me or if they are confused about something. The weather reporter e-moment is also good for this. I also like Dr. Foster's idea

    ReplyDelete