Thursday, April 6, 2017

PAAE Meeting - Western Region

On March 23, Renee Cambruzzi, John Leasure, Jodie Hoover and I, traveled to our Western PAAE meeting. After being exposed to the Northern Region and State PAAE meeting this past year, I somewhat had an idea of what to expect. At the same time, being from the other side of the state, I have really experienced somewhat of a culture shock. The western side of the state has really had open arms to welcome me in, and I felt the same way when we got to Hoss's that night. We sat down and ordered our meals, and chatted about the days' events and the high and low teaching moments. After dinner we started our meeting. At the meeting, we discussed where the state PAAE meeting would be held, what dues need to be paid and bills in legislation.

Overall, these meetings have had a large impact on my views of agricultural educators. It is amazing what work they do inside and outside of school. As a high school student and an active FFA member, I never knew what work teachers had other than teaching and grading homework.

PAAE is a great resource and I am excited as an agricultural teacher to be a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment